Decking Stain – Dark Green
- 0% Interest Available*
- Great Quality & Quick Delivery
Decking Stain – Dark Green.
Our Decking Stain is suitable for all types of new and old garden decking. Based on a Linseed oil formula, it provides a good level of protection and is safe around children and pets when dry. It can be used on a wide range of other exterior softwood and hardwood surfaces including garden furniture, sheds and Summerhouses. Our decking stain is specially formulated to give all types of external timber decking an enriching colour that is hardwearing and lasts.
All our Decking Stain is tested to give your decking extra long life. This water proofing stain can also be used to colour and protect hardwood and softwood furniture – even your summerhouse and garden sheds.
Our decking stain is available in sturdy 2.5 litre tins.
Do not apply any type of wood stain to freshly treated or newly laid decking as it may have trouble bonding to the timber. You should let new decking weather for at least 3 months before applying any colour or stain, allowing the preservative in the pressure treatment to fix and not react with any top coat.
It complies with EN71-3 relating to child toy safety. It is recommended that 2 coats are applied. Apply the second coat between 2 and 4 hours after the first or as soon as the first coat is touch dry.
This product is typically delivered within 14 working days* (estimate only).
You will receive a notification within 24hrs of delivery.
All our Timber range products will be delivered by 3rd party vehicles.
Within our core delivery areas, the delivery charges are below.
- Spend up to £120 inc. vat on our Timber range for a delivery fee of £29.99.
- Spend over £120 inc. vat on our Timber range for a reduced delivery fee of £9.99
- Spend over £200 inc. vat on our Timber range for FREE delivery!
Outside of our core delivery areas the following delivery charges apply.Zone 1: £35 inc. vat
Zone 2: £45 inc. vat
Regional delivery restrictions apply, check our postcode checker to confirm availability.
**If a delivery scheduled is to a gated community, this will need to be communicated to us in advance and access provided. Where restricted access applies, if waiting times are encountered for the delivery, then additional charges may be incurred.
Cancellations, Exchanges; Failed Deliveries:
- For any orders that are returned (unless deemed faulty), the customer is liable for the return shipping fees equivalent to that incurred in the original order (Timber orders also incur a 75% charge of the initial order value).
- In the unlikely event that we're unable to complete the scheduled delivery due to access restrictions or a non-secure delivery location, the customer is responsible for the restocking and redelivery fees. If the delivery can't be rescheduled, then no refund is available.
- If your Timber is faulty, please email photo evidence over within 24 hours for review.
- All returns or exchange requests need communicating to us via email or telephone within 3-working days to be considered (faulty, or not).
- If your order arrives incorrect (missing items etc.), this also needs communicating to us via email or telephone within 3-working days to be considered (faulty, or not).
Volume of Container: 2.5l
Average Coverage per Litre: 11m²
Preparation - Application - Aftercare
Preparation - Application - Aftercare
Ensure that wood to be stained is clean, dry and free from traces of dust, dirt or any other surface contaminants.
- Exterior wood should be thoroughly cleaned with warm water, detergent and a stiff brush
- Previous treatments including paints and varnishes should be fully removed
- Treat areas affected by mould, mildew or algae with a suitable mould and mildew cleaner
- Allow timber to fully dry
- Fill any gaps or splits in the wood with a suitable wood filler
- If required, use a suitable wood preserver before application.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the container at all times.
- Mix thoroughly before and periodically during use
- Apply two coats of decking stain by pump-up garden sprayer, brush or roller
- Allow 3 hours between coats
- Do not apply in temperatures below 5°C
- Do not apply to damp, wet or frozen timber
- Do not apply if wet weather is expected within 48 hours
- Smooth wooden surfaces can be wiped down with a damp, lint-free cloth on a regular basis. A dedicated decking cleaner can be used as and when required.
- To maintain the finish and its protective qualities, simply apply a single coat of decking stain as and when required.
Get the latest news & offers