Mick George Concrete are accredited distributors of Cemfloor – a high performance cement based, free flowing, self-compacting liquid screed – the first liquid screed to be awarded BBA Certification in the UK & Ireland.
BSI Kitemark & BES Accredited
Free Technical Advice
Accredited Liquid Screed
Mick George Concrete are accredited distributors of Cemfloor – a high performance cement based, free flowing, self-compacting liquid screed which complies with EN 13813 standards and is the first liquid screed to be awarded BBA Certification in the UK & Ireland.
Cemfloor liquid screed is designed for use as a bonded thick levelling screed on Concrete; as a floating screed over thermal or acoustic insulation. Alternatively, it can be used as an unbonded screed on top of a plastic membrane.
It is compatible with all types of floor coverings; cementitious adhesives, damp proof membranes and floor levellers.
Liquid Screed Applications
- Commercial and domestic floors
- Underfloor heating
- Wet rooms
- Unbonded or floating floors
- New builds or renovations
- Single or multi story projects
Liquid Screed Application
Cemfloor liquid screed can be installed quickly; up to 2000m² per day saving time, foot traffic in 24-48 hours and dries with minimal drying shrinkage (<0.05%).
Since Cemfloor is a cement based screed; floor finishes can be applied once the screed has dried to a final moisture content of 2.5%CM. This significantly speeds up the entire build process compared with calcium sulphate screed which require a final moisture content of 0.5%.
Cemfloor boasts exceptional thermal conductivity and is very suitable and responsive to underfloor heating due to the fact it can be laid in very thin sections. This ensures lower energy bills and running costs.
Cemfloor Liquid Screed Benefits
- Only 25mm of screed required above underfloor heating pipes
- Exception thermal conductivity (up to 2.9W/m K)
- Reduced drying times compared to other screeds
- Self-compacting – no voids around under floor heating pipes
- Minimal drying shrinkage (<0.05%)
- Foot traffic after 24 hours
- Can be applied in wet areas
- All floor coverings can be applied with no need for surface sanding
- Can be forced dry after 7 days
- No surface Laitance (Dust) after curing
- Easy installation; up to 1000m² per day (reduces time & costs)
Hawkes and the Mick George Group have built a great working relationship, with the company always doing their best to fulfil our order requirements. Their huge fleet of vehicles can handle any sized project. We're hoping to work together for many more years to come!
JJ Mac Ltd
Always a pleasure dealing with the Mick George Group. They always go the extra mile to make sure we get the service we order on time and at the best rates. All our managers and site support staff really appreciate the prompt and efficient service.
L Petriello Contractors
The Mick George Group have supplied our Aggregates, Concrete and Skip Hire for many years. Their service is fantastic and has always been without problem. We Would definitely recommend their services to others.
Get the latest news & offers