Whether situated on private or public land, the Mick George Group adhere to a number of best-practices with regards to your Skip placement to preserve the surrounding landscape and to ensure health and safety is not breached.
Skip Hire from £99
Next Day Availability
Wide Coverage Area
Large Container Range
Get Ready for your Skip Delivery
The Mick George Group have a duty of care to all of our customers and the communities in which we operate, which is why we adhere to strict guidelines when it comes to Skip Hire delivery.
We recognise that the area around your home is important to you and will therefore deliver your skip to the most convenient location on private property.
If we’re unable to drop within the grounds of your property, we will endeavour to leave at the nearest position on the road adjacent to your property as long as a Skip Permit has been granted ahead of delivery.
Simply let us know if the Skip is to be situated on public land, and we will arrange the rest.
Watch our Skip Hire Essentials Checklist to make sure you are ready for delivery of your Skip.
Skip Hire Delivery Guidelines
1. The customer must ensure that the skip is sited on private property that has the permission of the landowner. Skips will not be placed on public property without a valid permit from the relevant council.
2. Skips will not be sited on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto a grass area. Mick George Vehicles will not place legs onto council land and footpaths other than the highway.
3. The Mick George Group will take no responsibility for any damage to a customer’s premises or manholes if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV Vehicle or capable of carrying the weight of a HGV Vehicle.
4. Placing skips on block paving, tarmac, slabbed driveways, soft and unlevel ground is NOT advisable and is done so at the customer’s risk.
5. Mick George Vehicles will not access any sites over a raised kerb and our drivers will not deliver skips where we are required to lift over walls, fences, hedges or any other obstacle, no matter how high.
6. The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the skip and its contents.
7. Following an assessment of the site, the driver may ask you (the customer) to sign a written disclaimer if they feel there is high risk of property damage from delivering the skip. The Mick George Group will take no responsibility for any damage to a customer’s property.
8. The following hazardous items are not permitted in a general skip; asbestos, oily waste, fridges and freezers, pressurized gas bottles, TVs or computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, tyres or liquids. Plus any hazardous wood items including telegraph poles, creosote treated wood, railway sleepers and wood from boats. The list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure please contact the office on 0800 587 3329 or click here.
9. All skips must be level loaded only. N.B: inert waste skips to be filled to the lowest lip of the skip. The legal weight limit for an 8-yard inert waste skip is 8 tonne. 20-yard inert skips are to be no more than three quarter’s full.
10. The Maximum Gross Weight of a 4-wheeled skip lorry is 18 tonnes and the Maximum Gross Weight of 8-wheeled RORO vehicles is 32 tonnes.
11. All Mick George Skips are manufactured from steel components. Skip doors are often large and heavy. Caution should be taken to prevent injury when opening or closing doors.
12. Unless previously agreed Skip Hire is for 7-days only. We reserve the right to apply a rental charge on slow moving skips after 28 days. Rental charge will be charged at £5 + VAT per day for Skips, and £15 + VAT per day for RoRo containers.
13. Waiting time charges of £60 per hour will apply after 15 minutes from time of arrival. Wasted journey charges will also apply. We reserve the right to apply a rental charge on slow moving skips.
14. Please ensure there is enough space for access purposes. A typical delivery vehicle will require a clearance of 2.9m wide.
15. Please note for any tip and returns on a Skip, an additional haulage charge may be applied.
We have always received a reliable and professional Waste Management service. They help to provide modern, forward-thinking and sustainable Waste Management processes which are vital in our constantly evolving industry. We would highly recommend the Mick George Group to anyone requiring a fully compliant Waste Management service.
We find the Mick George Group very easy to deal with, their customer service is always great and their quick turnaround times on exchanges, keeps our sites running smoothly. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
Fletchers Waste Management
We have worked with the Mick George Group on a number or projects and always been offered excellent service and competitive pricing. Their customer service team are always on hand to help with any issues and are extremely friendly and easy to deal with. Finally, their state-of-the-art facilities situated throughout the UK mean that all your waste is dealt with in a compliant and ‘eco-friendly’ manner.
Latest Waste Industry News
RDF Export Growth Continues
England’s exports of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) rose by 9.5% in the first nine months of 2023, compared to 2022.
Landfill Mining Predicted to Increase
Landfill mining is predicted to greatly increase over the next ten years as the Earth’s finite resources begin to run out.
Landfill Tax Receipts in Decline
A report based on the 2022/23 financial year has found that landfill tax receipts have fallen by 6% from the previous year, to £626 million.
Get the latest news & offers