Washed Building Sand
- Quality Primary & Recycled Materials
- Free Delivery
Washed Building Sand Bulk Bags
Our 800kg bulk bags of Building sand is characterised by its fine grains and is often called Soft Sand.
Bag Size: 90 x 90 x 90cm
When mixed with cement and water it makes mortar and can be used for brick laying, for pointing of pavings, walling or building.
* This is a natural material, therefore we are unable to guarantee the exact colour will match the photograph included. Similarly, the size of individual Aggregate particles may differ if supplied at different stages but will be within the dimensions stated in the product description.
We try to ensure consistency across our product range wherever possible.
This is Building Material, not to be used for decorative purpose
Washed Building Sand Bulk Bag Delivery
Our Bulk Bag service is available on a nationwide basis with Free Delivery.
Please ensure that you add the accurate postcode on the product page to determine the applicable price and delivery timeframe for your Bulk Bags.
- We cannot guarantee any specific delivery times and would advise to expect between 7am and 8pm. We will do what we can to deliver at the earliest convenience.
- Deliveries will be made on a Hi-ab vehicle which requires 3.5m minimum for access. The arm on this vehicle can reach between 6-8m, varying based on access and obstacles. We’re unable to drive over raised kerbs; man-hole covers or grass and Bulk Bags must be placed on private property.
- If we’re unable to carry out the delivery as intended due to site restrictions, wasted journey fees will apply.
Returns & Cancellations:
- For any orders that are returned (unless deemed faulty), the customer is liable for the return shipping fees determined by the Mick George Group.
- If your order is cancelled within 72 hours of the scheduled delivery date, then a £15 (Inc. VAT) cancellation fee will apply.
If your delivery postcode falls outside of those listed on the below map, then delivery will be completed on a manually operated pallet truck, moving the pallet of bag(s) to the kerbside / roadside or onto a level, solid surface such as a tarmac drive (not gravel or grass sorry) – click here for more details
Washed Building Sand Bulk Bag FAQ's
Washed Building Sand Bulk Bag FAQ's
What is Building Sand?
After air and water, Sand is our most consumed natural resource and is the most widely used aggregate.
There are many different types of Sand, identifiable by the size of their grains and the way in which they’ve been washed.
Building sand is a widely used material in Construction due to its multi-functional properties. Unlike Sharp Sand, Builders Sand is a much finer consistency, owing to its smaller more rounded grains.
Builders Sand is normally collected from the beds and banks of rivers or from around more inland water sources.
In terms of colouring, Builders Sand tends to be a light grey colour and can in some instances appear almost white.
Building Sand Benefits
Applying the right type of Sand for the particular job you are doing is hugely important, as using the wrong grade could have serious consequences.
For example, using a very fine Sand instead of Building Sand when making mortar could mean that it doesn’t bind correctly to bricks or blocks, leading to the structure of your building collapsing.
Where is Building Sand Used?
Building Sand is a versatile Aggregate most commonly utilised in the Construction Sector, often bound within other materials such as Concrete, Asphalt, and Mortar adding bulk, strength, and stability qualities. Building Sand can also be used as a base layer to provide a clean, level, and dry surface for construction works.
Building Sand is often applied for, Plastering, Masonry, Brick and block laying, Rendering or Screeding.
Cheap Building Sand Prices
Several factors can effect the price of Building Sand but the main reason the Mick George Group can provide cheap Building Sand is because we produce it from our own quarries and distribute it through our own fleet.
Other factors influencing the price of Building Sand can be delivery method, location and volume.
Volume (m3) required: 000
Weight (tonnes) required: 000
Number of bags required: 000
Get the latest news & offers