- Premium Ready Mix Concrete
- Specialist Applications
- BSI Accredited
Standard mixes (ST) are a defined list of concretes within BS 8500 which are made with a prescribed quantity of materials as required in the British Standard of which ST3 Concrete is one. These concretes are normally mixed on site on small scale jobs or obtained from a supplier with no quality standards. SPCs are fairly basic mixes and have no strength guarantee, although this can be assumed based on the values contained within BS 8500.
Applications: ST3 Concrete is widely used for light duty domestic applications and foundations but not usually suitable as a wearing surface. It can be used to construct internal floor slabs providing they don’t contain embedded metal and is ideal for house floors with no permanent finish (e.g. carpet or laminate) flooring.
- shed and workshop bases
- foundations for large walls, garages, houses and extensions
- paving for patios
- unreinforced bases and oversites for conservatories, garages, sheds and greenhouses
- Strength: Assume 15N/mm2 at 28 days
Click here for more information on our Concrete service
Concrete Delivery Areas
Mick George Concrete is able to deliver Premium Ready Mixed Concrete to domestic, trade and commercial customers across multiple counties, within a 15-mile radius of each of its Batching Plant facilities.
Our fleet of 40-plus modern Barrell Mixers vary in size and material volume distribution; ranging from 8m3, 6m3 and 4m3 Mini-Mixers, each supplying Wet-Batch Concrete, as well as Volumetrics for Dry-Batch Concrete requirements.
Our fleet configurations ensure that we provide the most efficient Concrete delivery option, as quickly and competitively as possible – typically, as requested or next-day (often same-day).
For more information on our Concrete service; including delivery information, vehicle dimensions and other, please review our FAQ’s.
Over and above the Concrete material costs, the following surcharges may apply and will be confirmed at the point of order (or on confirmation):
- Cancellation: Cancellation’s must be made 48-hours prior to the scheduled delivery, if not cancellation will be applied at £25/m3 charged at minimum £150
- Return: £150 per meter for returned concrete
- Diversion: £150 to divert a load
- Delivery Timescales: 48 hours for specific timeslots
Volume (m3) required: 000
Get the latest news & offers