- Premium Ready Mix Concrete
- Specialist Applications
- BSI Accredited
Gen designated mixes are applied for a series of concretes that are used for housing, and similar non structural applications. The requirements specify a minimum quantity of cement (minimum cement content, or MCC) to be included, but no water cement ratio (w/c) as such, they have relatively low levels of durability.
Applications: Gen 3 is commonly used for light duty domestic applications and foundations. It can be used to construct internal floor slabs that contain no embedded metal and will be covered by carpet, tiles or laminate flooring. It is also suitable for domestic garage floors, but we suggest a minimum of RC25/30 should be used if the garage is also used as a workshop.
- Driveway, shed and workshop bases
- foundations for walls, garages, houses and extensions
- under paving for patios
- un-reinforced bases and oversites for conservatories, garages, sheds, greenhouses
- domestic garage floors with no embedded metal
- mass concrete fill
- un-reinforced strip footings
- trench-fill foundations
- Concrete strength: 20N/mm2 at 28 days
- GEN3 should not be used externally unless completely covered or encased
Click here for more information on our Concrete service
Concrete Delivery Areas
Mick George Concrete is able to deliver Premium Ready Mixed Concrete to domestic, trade and commercial customers across multiple counties, within a 15-mile radius of each of its Batching Plant facilities.
Our fleet of 40-plus modern Barrell Mixers vary in size and material volume distribution; ranging from 8m3, 6m3 and 4m3 Mini-Mixers, each supplying Wet-Batch Concrete, as well as Volumetrics for Dry-Batch Concrete requirements.
Our fleet configurations ensure that we provide the most efficient Concrete delivery option, as quickly and competitively as possible – typically, as requested or next-day (often same-day).
For more information on our Concrete service; including delivery information, vehicle dimensions and other, please review our FAQ’s.
Over and above the Concrete material costs, the following surcharges may apply and will be confirmed at the point of order (or on confirmation):
- Cancellation: Cancellation’s must be made 48-hours prior to the scheduled delivery, if not cancellation will be applied at £25/m3 charged at minimum £150
- Return: £150 per meter for returned concrete
- Diversion: £150 to divert a load
- Delivery Timescales: 48 hours for specific timeslots
Volume (m3) required: 000
Get the latest news & offers