£78.40 , Save 5.3%
- Premium Ready Mix Concrete
- Specialist Applications
- BSI Accredited
Gen designation mixes are applied for a series of concretes that are used for housing, and similar non structural applications. The requirements specify a minimum quantity of cement (minimum cement content, or MCC) to be included, but no water cement ratio (w/c) as such, they have relatively low levels of durability.
Applications: GEN 1 is an extremely versatile mix used throughout the construction industry for general and housing applications. It is usually used for cavity filling, kerbing, unreinforced domestic foundations in DC-1 soils and haunching.
- un-reinforced strip footings
- trench-fill foundations
- some agricultural applications
- foundations for walls, sheds and conservatories
- drainage works
- blinding house floors
- pad foundations
- non-structural mass concrete in non-aggressive (DC-1) ground conditions
- cavity fill
- mass fill
- Concrete strength: 10N/mm2 at 28 days
- GEN1 should not be used externally unless completely covered or encased
Click here for more information on our Concrete service
Concrete Delivery Areas
Mick George Concrete is able to deliver Premium Ready Mixed Concrete to domestic, trade and commercial customers across multiple counties, within a 15-mile radius of each of its Batching Plant facilities.
Our fleet of 40-plus modern Barrell Mixers vary in size and material volume distribution; ranging from 8m3, 6m3 and 4m3 Mini-Mixers, each supplying Wet-Batch Concrete, as well as Volumetrics for Dry-Batch Concrete requirements.
Our fleet configurations ensure that we provide the most efficient Concrete delivery option, as quickly and competitively as possible – typically, as requested or next-day (often same-day).
For more information on our Concrete service; including delivery information, vehicle dimensions and other, please review our FAQ’s.
Over and above the Concrete material costs, the following surcharges may apply and will be confirmed at the point of order (or on confirmation):
- Cancellation: Cancellation’s must be made by 3pm the day prior to delivery (regardless of weather changes), otherwise cancellation will be a minimum of £60 (£10 per M3 – minimum of 6M3)
- Return: £150 per meter for returned concrete
- Diversion: £150 to divert a load
- Delivery Timescales: 48 hours for specific timeslots
Volume (m3) required: 000
Get the latest news & offers