Commercial Property Compliance
Compliance takes many forms - we can help you with all of them to avoid heavy penalties.
All mechanical and electrical systems and equipment belonging to a workplace are covered by legislation, and it's your legal responsibility to ensure they're regularly maintained to comply with health and safety standards.
It can be challenging keeping up to date with the ever-evolving regulations, so why not let us deal with it. We specialise in keeping everything compliant, creating working environments that are safe and comfortable for employees and occupants.
* Heating & Ventilation: Don't blow hot and cold - The law requires minimum temperatures of 16°C* in general working conditions and the workplace to be adequately ventilated to provide clean air.
* Electrical: Are you plugged in? - Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) and Fixed Wire Testing are just some of the compulsory criteria covered in the 'Electricity at Work Regulations 1989'.
* Fire Safety: A hot topic for business - Constant fire risk evaluations and prevention plans are a must, as stated in the 'Fire Safety 2005' reform. Sprinklers, alarms and extinguishers should all be in perfect working order.
* Water Safety: Don't be a drip - All man-made hot and cold water systems are likely to provide an area where Legionella can grow. Do you have sufficient sampling and testing in place to combat this potentially fatal disease?
* Emergency Lighting: Make sure you're switched on - Emergency routes and exits requiring illumination must be provided with emergency lighting of adequate intensity in the failure of normal lighting.
* Accessibility: It shouldn't be an uphill struggle: Disabled people should have the same rights as everyone else. The accessibility to all areas of your commercial premises should replicate this.