The latest annual '1000 companies to Inspire Britain' report included the Mick George Group again.
Top 1000 Businesses Inspiring Britain
Experts behind the latest annual ‘1000 companies to Inspire Britain’ report have highlighted how the success of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) will be crucial in rebuilding the post-Covid UK economy.
The London Stock Exchange Group published the seventh edition of its widely-read report on Tuesday.
The research piece is an “annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic SMEs in the UK”, which also aims to examine the economic environment facing smaller businesses, and the current trends set to “shape the future of the UK economy”.
Sectors best represented among the innovative selection were Engineering & Construction, Manufacturing, and Food and Beverages.
One of those Construction brands that managed to retain its ranking within the standings was local specialist, the Mick Georg Group, who represented one of just ninety-eight businesses from the East of England.
On releasing the report, chief executive of the London Stock Exchange Group, David Schwimmer, said: “This report highlights the vital role of SMEs in driving economic growth, leading innovation and providing jobs across the UK.
“In this challenging year for businesses, it is more important than ever to shine a light on these stories of resilience and entrepreneurship.
“The success of UK SMEs is crucial as we rebuild a post COVID-19 economy, and London Stock Exchange Group is committed to helping growth companies achieve their potential.”
This year’s report in numbers:
– Overall average revenue growth of the companies featured in this report is 41.2% – Companies from London (63.4%), Wales (42.5%) and South East England (41.6%) recorded revenue growth above the UK rate.
– London and South East England continue to contribute the greatest number of companies, followed by East of England, North West England, and Yorkshire and the Humber.
– Scotland (58), East Midlands (63) and Yorkshire and the Humber (86) recorded the biggest increase in number of companies from the 2019 report.
– The top five industries represented by this year’s companies account for over 40% of the list, led by engineering & construction, manufacturing, food & beverages, retail and technology.
– The 1000 companies in this year’s report have together created 42,606 jobs in the two years to December 2019.
– With more than 7000 jobs, professional services is the leading sector for jobs created, followed by employment services and food & beverages.
– The leading regions for job creation include London, North West England, South East England, Yorkshire and the Humber and West Midlands.