Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Stump-up for the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity


The festivities of Christmas are drawing to a close and the clear up process is about to begin. Your bins are at bursting point and you have no convenient way to dispose of your surplus Christmas tree as it starts to look a little weary.

Supporting the ‘Christmas tree recycling scheme’ hosted by Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Mick George Ltd will be providing dedicated vehicles, Skips and man-power resources to help collect the Christmas trees from households around Cambridge and the surrounding areas.

No needles in your car, no petrol costs & no queueing at the tip.

The initiative is aimed at raising money towards brand new £10.5million hospice that is currently being constructed to replace the existing hospice which is now some 35 years old and is no longer meeting demand or fit for purpose.

For a small donation, your tree can be collected - Register here. 90% of money raised from the collection will go directly to ARHC with the remaining 10% donated to other local charities.

Chloe Christine-Wallis, Community Fundraiser at Arthur Rank Hospice Charity stated: ‘’It is brilliant news that Mick George Ltd are able to help with our Christmas tree recycling scheme, we are so, so grateful. It is a fantastic opportunity for the local community to come together with a real, meaningful purpose that will help impact positively on lives of many in the future.’’

The tour will take place on 6th and 7th January, visiting Cambridgeshire postcodes CB1 - CB5. The project will involve a number of local volunteers and will see all the trees recycled at the City Council’s waste management depot. If you don’t live in the specified region, you can still partake in the scheme by taking your Skip to the new Hospice on Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th, where a Mick George Skip will be awaiting.

Last Christmas the charity raised just under £3,000 by collecting 406 Christmas trees.

Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’The logistics of removing large items such as Christmas trees is never an easy one for most. This initiative will be hugely beneficial to many people and the fact that it can raise important funds for a vital local amenity is an extra benefit.’’

Stump continued: ‘’We are proud to be involved in a number of Charitable initiatives. Where feasible, if we can provide our vehicles, equipment and employees to assist in any manner then we are pleased to do so.’’

The latest from social media

Get the latest news & offers