Thanks to a £35,000 grant from the Mick George Community Fund, St. Nicholas Church have completed significant upgrades to their floors and pews.
Stretton in Rutland Parochial Church
The initial phase of a significant restoration project at Stretton in Rutland Parochial Church has been completed, contributing towards the facilities transformation to create a Village Community Centre; courtesy of a £35,000 donation from local construction specialists, the Mick George Group.
Last refurbished in 1881, the 11th century, Grade II* listed building was in need of maintenance to address the ‘collapsing’ Victorian pew platforms, which have now been replaced with single-level, wheelchair friendly, Oak floor across the Church.
The proceeding stages of the overhaul will see a disabled toilet, heating system and a servery to enable preparation of refreshments, added at the destination; all of which should address the former shortcomings of venues utilised to hold residential gatherings previously.