Sports Fund Round 4 2019
Having already donated more than £70,000 to fifty-two separate initiatives in the first three rounds of their dedicated Sports Fund scheme, the Mick George Group have surpassed the £100,000 mark with the final announcement of beneficiaries for 2019.
The local construction specialist will support twenty-five more groups throughout Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire, with another a further grant totalling £29,525 towards projects enabling physical activity.
The fortunate projects to receive support are:
- Daventry Dolphins: New Swimming ledges: £600
- Shudan Wellingborough Judo Club: Kitchen refurbishment: £1,500
- Northamptonshire Leisure Trust (Lings Forum Leisure Centre): Teqball equipment: £1,500
- Northampton Gymnastics Trampoline Academy: New training and practice equipment: £1,463
- Spring Family Centre: Replace broken goals: £1,500
- Meville Bowls Club: Short matt bowls: £1,150
- Heyford Cricket Club: Bowling machine: £1,000
- Kettering Youth Futsal: Training equipment: £1,050
- Burton Latimer Cricket Club: Mobile wicket covers: £1,500
- Leicestershire & Rutland Youth Sailing Club: Interactive teaching classroom equipment: £1,500
- Glenfield Bowling Club: Facility upgrade: £1,500
- Leicestershire Boxing Education CIC: Training equipment: £991.71
- Pink Lizard Developing Youth & Community: New goalposts: £1,056
- Sileby Town RFC: Pitch maintenance and equipment: £1,500
- Winstanley Wizards Table Tennis Club: Table barrier surrounds: £1,100
- Leicester Rowing Club: Training equipment: £1,500
- Birstall United Football Club: Disabled accessibility: £929.79
- Dean Cricket Club: Mobile net facility: £1,337
- Duxford Tennis Club: Court upgrade: £1,500
- Cambridge Sword: Equipment to support coaching: £1,500
- March Merlins: Equipment storage: £1,500
- Be Active Melbourne: Trampoline repair: £1,000
- Haddenham Table Tennis Club: New equipment: £500
- Cottenham Tennis Club: Coaching and court equipment: £850
- Comberton United Football Club:
Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500 for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public. These could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit registrations throughout the year, during the four quarterly application rounds. Entries will remain open for the current round until February 29th, 2020. For more information, please visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-sport-fund.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’The volume of applications that we’ve received this round has far exceeded previous rounds which shows that the programme is really starting to build momentum. From our perspective, we’re pleased to be supporting a diverse range of sports and in doing so, playing a role in the development of local talent.’’