Sports Fund Round 2 2019
Three months back, local construction specialist Mick George Ltd announced the extension of their dedicated ‘Sports Fund’, which consequently meant that sport related projects in Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire were now all eligible for the available £100,000 pot (subject to criteria fulfilment).
As would be expected, the message quickly spread with more than 75 individual expressions of interest submitted.
Across the three counties, the construction firm has declared support for 25 separate initiatives, across fifteen unique sporting disciplines, with the beneficiaries receiving grants that total £32,891.
The fortunate projects to receive support are:
- Northampton Mencap: Activity Room Dividers - £1,500
- Touche Fencing Club: Two new Fencing ‘Piste’ - £960
- Kettering Hockey Club: Pitch Dividers and Boundaries - £1,500
- Corby Gymnastics Academy: Three Natural Fibre Handrails - £1,076
- Kettering Cricket Club: Roll-On Covers - £1,500
- Thrapston Town FC: Replacement Goal Nets, Corner Flags and Training Equipment - £1,484
- Kettering Swimming Club: Four Starting Blocks - £1,500
- Priors Hall Golf Club: Practice Facility - £1,500
- Chesterton Rowing Club: Sets of Sculling Blades - £1,500
- Ely City Hockey Club: Junior Goalkeeping Kit - £1,150
- Shepreth Spitfires Football Club: Goalposts - £1,200
- Chesterton Outdoor Bowls Club: Mower - £1,500
- Newborough Cricket Club: Pitch Mower - £1,500
- Vivacity Culture & Leisure: Trampoline - £1,500
- Soham and District Sports Association: Weight Equipment - £1,481
- Bottisham Football Club: Free Standing Goals £1,000
- Whetstone Junior FC: Entrance Maintenance - £1,500
- Charnwood Table Tennis Club: Tables - £600
- Battram Bowling Club: Playing Equipment and Picnic Benches - £1,500
- Leicester Combat Academy: Training Equipment - £1,500
- Leicester Neptune Swimming Club: Development Equipment - £500
- Market Harborough Trampoline Academy: Equipment Inspection and Repair - £1,000
- Kibworth Cricket Club: Roll-Out Cricket Pitch - £1,500
- Syston Rugby Football Club: Pitch Barrier Fencing £1,500
- Cropston Cricket Club: Sightscreen - £1,440
Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500 for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public. These could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit registrations throughout the year, during the four quarterly application rounds. Entries will remain open for the current round until September 27th, 2019. For more information, please visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-sport-fund.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’The volume of applications that we’ve received this round has far exceeded previous rounds which shows that the programme is really starting to build momentum. From our perspective, we’re pleased to be supporting a diverse range of sports and in doing so, playing a role in the development of local talent.’’