Sports Fund Round 1 2019
Only last month, local construction firm Mick George Ltd announced the geographical extension and doubling of available funds from their respective ‘Sports Fund’ offering.
True to their word, they’ve quickly followed up with the declaration of the first ten successful applicants in 2019 to receive financial support.
The ten Cambridgeshire based beneficiaries will receive grants which total £13,659. The fortunate initiatives to receive support are:
- The Cambridgeshire Royals Dragon Boat Team: Lighter Training Boat (£1,500)
- Sutton Cricket Club: Artificial Wicket replacement (£1,500)
- Thorpe Wood Rangers FC: Goal Posts (£1,500)
- Peterborough Phantoms Ice Hockey: Ice Dividers (£1,250)
- Waresley Cricket Club: Pitch Mower (£1,500)
- Orton Park Cricket Club: Outfield renovation & maintenance (£1,500)
- Foxton Cricket Club: Pitch Mower (£1,500)
- Abbotsley Parish Council: Goal Posts (£500)
- Cambridge ’99 Rowing Club: Cox Orbs (£1,409)
- Bluntisham Cricket Club: Electronic Scoreboard & Boundary Ropes (£1,500)
Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500 for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public. These could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit registrations throughout the year, during the four quarterly application rounds. Entries will remain open for the current round until June 30th, 2019. For more information, please visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-sport-fund.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’To add another ten initiatives to the forty-two separate leisure led activities which were supported last year, recognises the proven worth of the scheme. A wide variety of disciplines are leveraging the associated benefits that the program offers, which is also very pleasing.’’