Sports Fund RD1 2020
After making an impressive cumulative donation to local sports groups that surpassed £100,000 last year, the Mick George Group has followed suit in 2020 having declared further support amounting to £27,624.
The announcement comes as the first of three application rounds for the firms dedicated Sports Fund comes to a close and will see nineteen separate beneficiaries from the Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire region.
In total, the Fund has provided sustenance towards 95 individual projects which enable physical activity, across a wide ranging and diverse
The fortunate projects to receive backing include:
- TCA Cheer and Tumble: Cheerleading equipment (£1,500)
- The Compound Wellingborough CIC: Fitness equipment (£1,500)
- Kettering Gym Tots: Gym equipment (£1,454)
- Northampton Handball: Foldable Goals (£1,500)
- Rothwell FC Aztecs: Replacement goalposts and pitch markings (£1,480)
- Daventry Weightlifting Club: Competition plates and barbells (£1,500)
- Towcestrians Cricket Club: New sightscreen (£1,375)
- Weekley and Warkton Cricket Club: New bowling machine (£1,500)
- Comberton United Football Club: Level and relay pitch (£1,250)
- Priory Parkside Colts FC: Portable mini soccer goals (£588)
- Hardwick & Caldecote Cricket Club: Mobile cricket net cage (£1,379)
- Cambridge Sports Lakes: Outdoor table tennis table and stock equipment (£1,492)
- Whittlesey Cricket Club: Mobile cricket net cage (£1,361)
- Alconbury Recreation Field Charity: Cricket sightscreen (£1,100)
- Cambridge and District Colts Football League: Compact tractor (£1,500)
- Teversham Parish Council: Resurfacing outside gym (£1,500)
- Peterborough Asylum and Refugee Community Association: Pool table (£1,150)
- Eye Junior FC: Goalposts, training equipment and storage container (£3,487)
- Wisbech St Mary FC: Training equipment (£1,008)
Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500 for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public. These could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit registrations throughout the year, during the three application rounds. Entries will remain open for the current round until June 24th, 2020. For more information, please CLICK HERE.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’The volume of applications that we’ve received has been astounding given current circumstances and shows a real willing for these groups to get back to normality. From our perspective, we’re pleased to be supporting a diverse range of sports and in doing so, playing a role in the development of local talent.’’