The Mick George Group has issued an opening grant of £19,922 in the first sports-funding round of the year.
Sports Fund R1 2021
After making an impressive cumulative donation to local sports groups that surpassed £100,000 last year, the Mick George Group has followed suit in 2021 with an opening grant of £20,922 following the completion of the first funding round of the year.
The declaration will see fifteen separate beneficiaries from the Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire region share the latest goodwill gesture from the firms dedicated Sports Fund scheme.
In total, the Fund has provided sustenance towards nearly 200 individual projects which enable physical activity, across a wide ranging and diverse portfolio of sporting facilities.
The fortunate projects to receive backing include:
- Peak Empower: Bike Storage Facility (£1,500)
- Glapthorn Playing Facility Association: New Freestanding Goalposts (£1,500)
- Long Buckby AFC: Ride-on Lawn Mower (£1,383)
- Kings Cliff & Area Community Sports Project LTD: Outdoor Seating Area (£1,500)
- Linwood Community Cooperative Ltd: Table Tennis Table (£774.80)
- Desborough Indoor Bowling Club: Accessibility Buggy (£1,500)
- Burrough Green Cricket Club: Facility Roof Replacement (£1,481)
- Castor and Ailsworth Cricket Club: Bowling Machine (£1,500)
- Hampton Community Sports Association: Goalposts and Training Equipment (£993)
- Hampton Cricket Club: Mobile Cricket Cage (£1,440)
- Little Shelford Cricket Club: Mobile cricket cage and Combi-rake (£1,500)
- The Hemingford Sports Academy CIC: Sport Centre Improvements (£1,500)
- The Manderson Trust for the Disabled: Access Track Refurbishment (£1,350)
- Wilburton Cricket Club: Sight Screens (£1,500)
- Willingham Wolves Football Club: Portable Goalposts (£1,500)
Individual grants are available between £500 and £2,000 for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public. These could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit registrations throughout the year, during the two application rounds. Entries will remain open for the current round until September 1st, 2021. For more information, please visit https://www.mickgeorge.co.uk/community-funding/sports-fund.