We recognise that the area around your home is important to you and will therefore deliver your skip to the most convenient location. If we’re unable to drop within the grounds of your property, we will endeavour to leave at the nearest position on the road adjacent to your property.
If this is the case, then your Skip will require a permit, lighting and signage but don’t worry, Mick George Ltd will take care of all of this. Simply let us know if the Skip won’t be able to be left on your private land.
Skip Delivery Guidelines
1. The customer must ensure that the skip is sited on private property that has the permission of the landowner. Skips will not be placed on public property without a valid permit from the relevant council.
2. Skips will not be sited on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto a grass area. Mick George Vehicles will not place legs onto council land and footpaths other than the highway.
3. Mick George Ltd will take no responsibility for any damage to a customer’s premises or manholes if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV Vehicle or capable of carrying the weight of a HGV Vehicle.
4. Placing skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, soft and unlevel ground is NOT advisable and is done so at the customer’s risk. A written disclaimer will be required, should you (the customer) require our skips to be dropped on surfaces that are likely to become damaged.
5. Mick George Vehicles will not access any sites over a raised kerb and our drivers will not deliver skips where we are required to lift over walls, fences, hedges or any other obstacle, no matter how high. A written disclaimer will be required, should you (the customer) require our skips to be lifted over any obstacle that is likely to become damaged.
6. Unless previously agreed Skip Hire is for 7-days only.
7. The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the skip and its contents.
8. The following hazardous items are not permitted in a general skip; asbestos, oily waste, fridges and freezers, pressurized gas bottles, TVs or computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, tyres or liquids. The list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure please contact the office on 0800 587 3329.
9. All skips must be level loaded only. N.B: inert waste skips to be filled to the lowest lip of the skip. The legal weight limit for an 8-yard inert waste skip is 8 tonne. 20-yard inert skips are to be no more than three quarter’s full.
10. The Maximum Gross Weight of a 4-wheeled skip lorry is 18 tonnes and the Maximum Gross Weight of 8-wheeled RORO vehicles is 32 tonnes.
11. All MGL skips are manufactured from steel components. Skip doors are often large and heavy. Caution should be taken. The customer must ensure that the skip is sited on private property that has the permis sion of the landowner. Skips will not be placed on public property without a valid permit from the relevant council.
12. Waiting time charges of £60 per hour will apply after 15 minutes from time of arrival. Wasted journey charges will also apply. We reserve the right to apply a rental charge on slow moving skips.
13. Please ensure there is enough space for access purposes. A typical delivery vehicle will require a clearance of 2.9m wide. Although, smaller trucks can be arranged if neccessary.