What happens if I forget to put my bin out?
Please call 0800 587 3329, and we will arrange a new collection date as soon as possible.

Where do I need to leave my bin?
Please leave your bin outside your house in the same place you would for the council serviced collection.

What day and time will collections be made?
Collections will be made on the opposite week to the council serviced route. Collections will take place between 7am – 6pm on the scheduled day. We will confirm the scheduled day once the service has been set up.

What can I put in the Bin?
In the addition to general household waste, the following can also be put in the bin:

Dry Recyclables:
Clean, dry recyclables made from the following materials:-

  • Paper - e.g. waste paper, office paper, newspapers, magazines
  • Cardboard - e.g. cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, card, corrugated board and cardboard packaging
  • Metal cans - e.g. clean, dry and empty food tins and drink cans
  • Plastics - rinsed plastic milk bottles, empty drink bottles, clean salad and vegetable trays, rinsed out plastic food trays (inc microwaveable trays), packaging films

Food Waste:

  • Food preparation waste and leftovers from restaurants, kitchens and canteens including coffee grounds
  • Foodstuffs past their use-by date or any that are unsealable
  • Packaging food waste
  • Food processing waste
  • Industrial food by-products from agriculture and manufacturing processes

Glass Recycling

  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Glass containers used to store food
  • Windows
  • Glass ovenware
  • Lightbulbs
  • Borosilicate Glass
  • Glass fibre

Please note we will not collect construction waste, Fridges, TV’s or monitors, hot material, medical waste, paint cans, motor oil, petrol, rocks, bricks and gravel, electrical goods and hazardous materials which includes paints, solvents, liquids, batteries, asbestos, fluorescent tubing, oil or oil containers.


What happens to my waste?
We collect your waste and take it to one of our licensed Waste Transfer Stations that can treat, segregate and sort mixed wastes into differing categories. We are a fully licensed waste carrier with the Environment Agency.

As one of the largest independent owners and operators of inert landfill sites in the UK we also have a wealth of experience and employ WAMITAB (Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board) accredited staff to ensure compliance with ever-changing legislation and best practice.

How do I cancel the service?
To cancel the service, please call our customer services team on 0800 587 3329.

Where is the service available?
The service is available in the following postcodes:

Northampton: NN1, NN2, NN3, NN4, NN5
Cambridge: CB1, CB2, CB3, CB4, CB5
Peterborough: PE1, PE2, PE3, PE4, PE5, PE6, PE7, PE8, PE9


Regardless of the commercial project that we're working on, certain factors remain constant, as do the services we require. One of which is the need for Skip Hire that we can rely on. No matter where we're working in the region, or the quantity, or type of waste produced, Mick George Ltd have always delivered on schedule and to a high standard.