Community Fund Round One 2019
An increasing sight in the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Suffolk regions, the Mick George Group are certainly justifying their presence, with yet another funding donation within each county.
The first of four annual ‘Community Fund’ announcements due in 2019, the construction company has announced funding assistance to eight separate community based initiatives, to a value that surpasses £206,000.
The donations span a wide range of sports and community projects, that will prove beneficial to various audiences.
- Willingham Social Club: Disabled Toilet Facilities - £12,620 (Hunts)
- St. Ives Town F.C: Clubhouse & Car Park Improvements - £5,000 (Hunts)
- Great Shelford Rugby Club: Repairing and Developing car park - £39,560
Leicestershire / Lincolnshire:
- Harborough Town Community Trust: Members Bar Refurbishment & Security Measures - £35,000
- Age UK Leicestershire and Rutland: Roof Repairs & More Effective Heating System - £35,750
- Growing Together Northampton: Billing Brook Lakes Sustainability Project - £35,000
- Stewarts & Lloyds Rugby Football Club: Clubhouse Upgrades - £19,500
- Bury St. Edmonds Rugby Club: Kitchen Refurbishment - £24,000
Since the ‘funds’ initiation, over 100 projects have been supported, with approximately £2.5million.
The current round of applications for the 2019 Mick George Community Fund is now open. Visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-community-fund to submit entries, before April 3rd, 2019.
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given the sheer volume of money being distributed for assistance.’’
Stump continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide, reflects the businesses performance in the last 6 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back, to show our appreciation.’’