Community Fund Round-2 Update, 2017
The second of two annual ‘Community Fund’ announcements, Mick George Ltd is set to provide funding to sixteen community based initiatives, to a value in its entirety that surpasses £265,000, with some of the fortunate recipients based in the Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, and Leicestershire regions.
The initiatives span a wide range of sports and community projects, that will prove beneficial to various audiences.
This generous donation follows the £460,000 that has already been granted to numerous other initiatives throughout the county in the first half of 2017, bringing the total funding to more than three-quarters-of-a-million-pounds for 2017. Since the Funds' initiation, just shy of 100 projects have been supported, with approximately £2.5million.
The first round of applications for the 2018 Mick George Community Fund is now open. Visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-community-fund to submit entries, before March 30th, 2018.
- Charnwood Borough Council: Outwoods visitor interpretation Project
- Sport in Desford: Squash changing room & Tennis court surface
- Blaby & District Social Centre: Replace existing workshop and store for Drama Group
- Tonic Health: Energy Efficiency Upgrade
- Higham Ferrers Junior School: All weather sports facility
- Fernie Fields Sports & Social Club: Machinery & equipment store
- Northants Gymnastic Academy Ltd: Multi-use sprung floor area
- Burghley Park Cricket Club: Permanent practice facilities
- Somersham Town Bowls Club: Ditch, bank and access works
- Earith Parish Council: River island slipway
- Mepal Village Hall: Car-park restoration
- Needingworth Cricket Club: New pitch mower
- Wood Green Animal Shelter: Public dog exercise area
- Buckden Parish Council: Children’s play-area improvements
- St Neots Town FC: 3G artificial turf pitch replacement
- Groundwork East: Polytunnel creation to adjoin Elstow Abbey
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given the sheer volume of money being distributed for assistance.’’
Stump continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide, is a reflection of the businesses performance in the last 6 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back, to show our appreciation.’’