Community Fund £363,731 Donations
An increasing presence in and around the East Midland and East Anglian region, local business Mick George Ltd is certainly justifying its attendance, with yet another funding donation to twelve separate developments.
The second of four annual ‘Community Fund’ announcements, the organisation is set to provide funding to an abundance of community based initiatives, to a value in its entirety that surpasses £363,731, with some of the fortunate recipients based in the Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire territory.
The beneficiaries span a wide nature of sports and community projects, that will prove advantageous to various audiences. These include:
- F.C Parson Drove: Facilities Improvements
- Barrowden & Wakerley PCC: New Kitchen, Meeting Room and Disabled WC
- Stamford Shakespeare Company: Youth Drama Group Room Refurbishment
- Cambridge Rugby Football Club: New Access Road
- St. Neots Lawn Tennis Club: Court Resurfacing
- Apollo Partnership Trust: New Athletics Facility
- Ramsey Bowls Club: Footpath Construction
- Lawrence Ground Recreation Ground & Community Association: Multi Use Games Area
- The Parochial Church Rushton & Glendon: Security System
- Wakerley & Barrowden Cricket Club: Practice Net
- Royal Papworth Hospital Charity: Patient and Community Sanctuary
- Peterborough Town Sports Club: Artificial Surface
The third round of applications for the 2018 Mick George Community Fund is now open. Click Here to submit entries, before July 11th.
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given the sheer volume of money being distributed for assistance.’’
Stump continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide is a reflection of the businesses performance in the last 3 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back to show our appreciation.’’
Bob White, Chairman at Wakerley and Barrowden Cricket club said: ‘’I would like to express our gratitude for this unbelievably generous offer to subsidise our cricket net project. This will make such a difference to what we can offer in terms of practice and coaching to our junior squads. The boys and girls have been really excited since our application was submitted and are looking forward to putting it to good use.’’