Community Fund Round 3
An increasing presence in and around the East Midland and East Anglian region, local business Mick George Ltd is certainly justifying its attendance, with yet another funding donation to eleven separate developments.
The third of four annual ‘Community Fund’ announcements, the organisation is set to provide funding to an abundance of community based initiatives, to a value in its entirety that surpasses £234,883, with some of the fortunate recipients based in the Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Milton Keynes territory.
The beneficiaries span a wide nature of sports and community projects, that will prove advantageous to various audiences. These include:
- Eynesbury Rovers FC: Convert unused tennis court to 3G astro pitch
- St Neots and District Fish preservation and angling Society: Forest and River access and de-cluttering with provision of anglers platforms
- St Ives Corn Exchange Community Interest Company (CIC): ‘Acoustic Improvement, Main Charter Hall, St Ives Corn Exchange’
- Fenstanston Parish Council: Community Gym / Children’s Play Area
- Wisbech St Mary Sports & Community Centre: Wisbech St Mary upgrade of football facilities
- Northampton Borough Council: Kings Heath Skate Park Project
- Cransley Sailing Club: Cransley Clubhouse Challenge
- Warning Zone Ltd: The Water Zone Project at Warning Zone, Leicester
- Loughborough Phoenix Bowls Club: Clubhouse Accessibility Project
- Clipsham Parochial Church Council: Replacement of stolen lead covering to nave roof
- Stables Theatre Ltd: Environmental Enhancements - Water Harvesting
The final round of applications for the 2018 Mick George Community Fund is now open. Visit www.grantscape.org.uk/fund/mick-george-community-fund/ to submit entries, before Sept 24th, 2018.
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given the sheer volume of money being distributed for assistance.’’
Stump continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide is a reflection of the businesses performance in the last 3 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back to show our appreciation.’’