Community Fund Round 2 - 2020
Just when many were starting to lose hope that there was any life outside of lockdown, a local construction firm; the Mick George Group have made a timely announcement which will provide local communities with a positive boost.
Having already donated £126,000 in the opening round of their annual ‘Community Fund’ programme, the Company has followed up with more goodwill, taking total grant support beyond £200,000 for 2020.
This time around, eight separate beneficiaries throughout the Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Northamptonshire and Norfolk regions, will each share part of the most recent £94,667 financial gift.
While any date for normality to reconvene remains uncertain, each of the respective Groups driving the fortunate initiatives will be looking to progress the projects in question through to completion, so some new amenities can be experienced once lockdown measures are relieved.
Since the initiation of the scheme, more the 140 separate beneficiaries have received more than £4million.
Those fortunate enough to have received backing include:
- Burghley Park Cricket Club: Pavilion interior upgrades (£10,000)
- Hawk and Owl Trust: Education sustainability project (£12,750)
- Eaton Socon Cricket Club: Pitch equipment (£3,012)
- Mepal Village Hall: Floor maintenance (£11,000)
- Eastover Playing Fields CIC: Car park extension (£16,150)
- Holywell-cum-Needingworth Parish Council: Outdoor Gym (£10,000)
- Corby Town FC: Pitch improvement (£20,010)
- Matrix Gymnastics Academy: Training equipment and coaching courses (£11,755)
The current round of applications for the Mick George Community Fund is now open. Click here to submit entries, before June 10th, 2020.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given current circumstances.’’
Costello continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide, reflects the businesses performance in the last 6 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back, to show our appreciation.’’