Community Fund RD1 2020
At a time of the year where many could do with a little boost for one reason or another, five community groups throughout Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire have received just that.
The Mick George Group, a local firm which specialises in construction services has announced that it will support numerous initiatives to a value that surpasses £126,000.
The declaration is part of the businesses Community Fund programme which looks to help with Community schemes that require financial assistance.
Last year, the Group’ donated approximately £850,000. Since the initiation of the scheme, more the 130 separate beneficiaries have received more than £4million.
Those fortunate enough to have received backing include:
- Parish Church of St. Thomas A’ Beckett, Ramsey: Access improvements (£18,805)
- Stretton in Rutland Parochial Church Council: Replacement floors and pews (£35,000)
- Wimblington Parish Council: Parish Hall upgrades – Floors, doors and windows (£25,000)
- Moulton Football Club: Covered seating area for supporters (£26,103)
- Rushton Parish Council: Outdoor gym training and exercise equipment (£21,960)
The current round of applications for the Mick George Community Fund is now open. Visit www.mickgeorge.co.uk/mick-george-community-fund to submit entries, before April 27th, 2020.
Stuart Costello, Marketing Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’This announcement is one that the business always welcomes, and particularly this time around given the sheer volume of money being distributed for assistance.’’
Costello continued: ‘’The financial support that we’re able to provide, reflects the businesses performance in the last 6 months. We’re pleased to declare that the company is currently in a very healthy position, achieving attractive results and growth, owing largely to the support of local communities that we operate in. This is our way of giving something back, to show our appreciation.’’