CIHT Conference 2019
This week (12th June), the Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT) held its conference at the Moller Centre, Cambridge.
The event was attended by representatives and professionals who plan, design, build, manage, maintain and operate transport and infrastructure, providing a great opportunity for likeminded stakeholders with a common concern to debate, learn and network.
Clients, consultants and contractors were all present, including local construction specialist Mick George Ltd who were also one of the headline sponsors for the occasion.
The firm has played an integral part in delivering the current IDT A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon upgrade, and has recently begun works on the M1 J13 – 15 Smart Motorway initiative.
This year’s core themes focused on achieving better value for clients, customers and society and featured a wide range of speakers. Topics included:
- 5G opportunities in the transport sector
- Robotic Process Automation
- Growth and connectivity in the OxCam arc
- Smarter planning for smarter highways of the future
- Predictive maintenance through Artificial Intelligence
- Future Highways Research Club
- Developing the future of air traffic control to deliver value for all
- Engaging people effectively to achieve successful outcomes and productive places
Jon Stump, Joint CEO at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’CIHT is the leading voice of the highways and transportation infrastructure profession and events such as these allows interested parties to contribute in shaping the strategic future of this industry, whether that be policies, investment or planning.’’