Mick George Ltd was the principal contractor for the scheme to facilitate advancements of newly developed plots to house commercial properties.
Lancaster Way is a rapidly expanding business park with a wide variety of occupiers in buildings ranging from 1,000 sq. ft. – Approximately 100,000 sq. ft.
The estate in Ely is home to a diverse range of some 75 businesses which between them employ about 1,400 people and occupy some 900,000 sq ft (83,610 sq m) of accommodation, extending to 175 acres – making it one of the largest in the East of England region.
During 2016, the construction of an additional nine small business units which have now all been let, were completed
- Strip Topsoil and preserve for future use
- Cut &Fill to construct attenuation lagoon
- Install 1900m of Concrete foul drainage
- Install 2500m of Clay Storm drainage
- Chambers to a depth up to 7m deep
- Install 2000m of subgrade filter drain
- 1800m of kerbs and combined drainage channel blocks
- Capping and sub-base layers
- 3600m of edging to paths
- 7900m2 of asphalt to main roads
- 2800m2 to pavements / footpaths
- Install 4000m of utility ducting (including all boxes)
- White lining
- Design and install 8m and 11m deep foul and storm pumping stations
- Design and install of Revilamp street lighting
- Re-Topsoiling and landscaping