As if the outright purchase of a property isn’t costly enough, but then lenders insist that a number of additional homebuyer reports and related surveys are completed to safeguard any investment. The majority of which are for things that ‘general joe-blogs’ knows little, or nothing about, or would be deemed to have little relevance to the actual sale of a property.
Regardless of which camp you reside, the reality is that these assessments predominantly look at the physical performance of certain variables, and how they may positively or negatively impact on the property itself; architectural, structural, drainage, and energy, to name just a few.
Interestingly, the outcome if adjudged to be unsatisfactory doesn’t necessarily require any further action, or prevent any potential transaction taking place, which brings in to question the validity of the checks in the first place.
All well and good, but this becomes particularly unnerving when potentially harmful substances are identified, that could have catastrophic effects longer-term and prove costly to remove.
- Asbestos Survey
Our Asbestos Residential Surveys are completed by a P402 qualified surveyor and they will locate any asbestos contaminated materials present in the property which could be disturbed or damaged during normal occupancy.
Follow the steps below to order one of our Asbestos Residential Surveys:
1. Select the report you require
2. Select the number of bedrooms your property has, and the year it was built. Please call 0800 587 3329 for properties with more than 7 bedrooms
3. Add the report to the basket, and add the address of the property you want the survey completing on as the shipping address
4. Make payment and we will contact you and book the inspection visit
5. Report will be delivered back to you within 72 hours of the inspection
During the survey samples are taken which are tested in UKAS approved laboratories. You will receive our report within 72 hours of sampling with recommended actions noted only where required and in order of priority.£238.80 £199.00