• 30,000m2 of stabilisation of 300mm of site-won materials to achieve >40% CBR
• Material trimmed to within 15mm of tolerance
• Eliminated the disposal of 9,000m3 of soils
• Eliminated the import of 9,000m3 of Type 1 aggregate
• Works carried out in less than 3 weeks
The Waterbrook development will see the 140-acre site, near junction 10 of the M20, double HGV parking capacity to 600, providing secure daytime and overnight parking that will overcome long-standing issues surrounding illegal parking in residential areas around the borough.
Beyond the transportation facility, the scheme will also create new commercial property expected to generate just shy of 1000 employment opportunities, plus retail space, 400 homes and parkland, to meet the growing population of Ashford.
Forty-five acres of Waterbrook will be developed for 70,000ft2 of new commercial space, alongside the existing Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency offices and planned Jaguar Land Rover dealership.
The 400 new homes will be separated from the commercial property by a 13-acre linear park, incorporating a small natural lake, while the retail space will include a food store, drive-through restaurants, plus a petrol filling station.