Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Arthur Rank Christmas Tree Collection

The festivities of Christmas are drawing to a close and the mundane clear up process is about to begin. Your bins are at bursting point, and you have no convenient way to dispose of your surplus Christmas tree, as it starts to look a little weary.

Supporting the ‘Christmas tree recycling scheme’ hosted by Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Mick George Ltd will be providing numerous Skips to help collect and store the Christmas trees from households around Cambridge and the surrounding areas.

No needles in your car, no petrol costs & no queueing at the tip.

For a small donation, your tree can be collected with 90% of money raised from the collection going directly to ARHC with the remaining 10% donated to other local charities.

The tour will take place on 11th and 12th January, visiting Cambridgeshire postcodes CB1 - CB5, CB22 and CB24. The project will involve a number of local volunteers and will see all the trees recycled at the City Council’s waste management depot.

If you don’t live in the specified region, you can still partake in the scheme by taking your tree to the new Hospice on Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom on either of the tour dates, where a Mick George Skip will be awaiting.

Last Christmas the charity raised £12,600 by collecting 1,000 Christmas trees.

They said:

Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’The logistics of removing large items such as Christmas trees is never an easy one for most. This initiative will be hugely beneficial to many people and the fact that it can raise important funds for a great cause is an extra benefit.’’

Stump continued: ‘’We are proud to be involved in this Charitable initiative for a fourth consecutive year. Where feasible, if we can provide our vehicles, equipment and employees to assist in any manner, then we are pleased to do so.’’


The latest from social media

Get the latest news & offers