About the Mick George Sport Fund
The Mick George Sports Fund is run in association with Living Sport and Northamptonshire Sport - organisations that specialise in improving the health and well-being of people, through participation in sport and physical activity.
More information on the respective organisations can be found on the application pages indicated below.
Since its inititaion, the Sports fund has donated more than £150,000 to over 150 separate leisure led schemes, across a wide variety of disciplines; including football, rowing, cricket, bowls, canoeing, netball, archery, athletics, to name just a few.
Eligibility / Criteria:
* Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500, for capital community sports projects or developments, open to the general public (these could include, but are not limited too; changing room improvements, clubhouse renovations and training or facility maintenance equipment. Exclusions - Member Exclusive Clubs / Commercial Organisations / Staff, Training or Travel Costs / Kits)
* There will be £100,000 available annually, which will be open to applications during three application rounds.
* There are no limits to the number of applications, but an application can only be submitted once unless otherwise advised.
* The available funds will be awarded each round at the discretion of a panel of representatives from the two organisations and the Mick George Group.
* All NN and CB postcode areas
* Majority of PE postcodes (some Northern PE postcodes are excluded - contact Living Sport for more information)
* Jan 1st - Apr 15th, 2020 (Decision Announcement Date 18/05/20)
* Apr 16th - June 24th, 2020 (Decision Announcement Date 27/07/20)
* June 25th - 28th Oct, 2020 (Decision Announcement Date 30/11/20)
- Successful submissions will be notified accordingly